Saturday, May 28, 2011

May 28, 2011--Randomness "My huge family".

Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

The above describes my family more than you will ever know. Some of you may think that is horrible to think while others are standing in ovation because they too have a family like mine.

My mother, Norma, had a ton of siblings. There were 15 that survived and one that died in infancy. (Yeah, I know what ya'll are thinking "Holy wow, that multiplying like rabbits runs in the family".) Needless to say on my moms side of the family, I have an abundance of cousins. Don't ask me to name those off because I have never met about 50% of them.

Now my father, Tony, is one of six. I also know all my cousins from that side as they all lived in the same area as we did. It is because of that I am closer to my dad's side of the family. I grew up spending almost every holiday with that side, along with a lot of weekends and just random get togethers. I'd be lying if I told you I didn't miss it. I miss getting together with all of them more than I could ever explain.

My parents, amazingly, only had three kids. My brothers, Rodney and Tracy, each have three children of their own. I have four nieces and two nephews... that gives my dad (mom passed away five years ago) a total of 12 grandchildren (six boys, six girls). I have one niece and nephew that I've never met. I don't go to Illinois and my brother doesn't bring them to Arkansas.

So, now you see that I have a huge family....not just a big family, but a HUGE family. Of course, for the analogy I started with...if you were to pour us out into a fudge pan, there would only be enough nuts for one or two slices....which is such a good thing..lol.

No comments: