Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January 16, 2012 -- Movie Day

January 16, 2012 (although it is now officially past midnight and now the 17th..lol)

Today was Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, and amazingly, the kids had the day off from school.  So, since there was no school, I decided to take the girls to see Beauty and the Beast 3D.  This is a movie I have loved since I was a kid.  To watch it again as an adult in the theatre, in 3D even, was truly a great experience.  I even found myself shedding a few tears during the sad scenes...yes, I am a big sap.   My oldest had seen it before, but I'm not sure if my youngest had.  Either way, they both really enjoyed watching it with me, and I was so happy to experience it with both of them in 3d.

Isis had her very first theatre experience today.  After we gave our stubs to the ticket guy and started heading down the hallway toward the movie, she started to panic.  She really had no clue what was going on, and was very scared about the unknown.  We got there early (and lucked out on great seats..woot!), so nothing was on the screen and the theatre room was pretty dark.  She kept whining about wanting to go home, but after about 10 mins when other kids started to pour in, she calmed a bit.  The surround sound during previews she did NOT like at all.  She doesn't like loud volume and that was way above her comfort level.  She cried and whined about wanting the sound to be turned down, and there for a bit, i honestly thought we may have to go home.  However, once the mini movie for Tangled 2 came on....she was in awe.  She sat still and was laughing while watching.  YES!  Of course, the credits started playing for that and she thought it was time to go home..haha.  She LOVED watching Beauty and the Beast.  She didn't keep her glasses on the entire time...I think they bothered her some (small head, not so small glasses..lol), but she did better than what I thought she would. 

Patrick got to spend some alone time with the boys today while we were at the theatre.  HAHAHAHA!!!  Yeah, that didn't go over too well.  He was ready for me to get back home and quick.  He really lost his patience with Justice and Wyatt.  Now he maybe he'll be more knowing of what I have to go with them.  He lucked out that Brenden was asleep the entire time I was gone..and August stayed in his room on his laptop the entire time.  Next time its supposed to be him taking the boys to the movies, but I'm just not seeing that happening.

Movies!! OMG...at the end of March will be the first movie Justice will see.  Its called THE PIRATES..and well, about pirates.  It looks cute as heck and its also in 3d.  I think Justice will LOVE it.  This summer Brave and Finding Nemo 3D also come out and I will be sooo in line for both of those...especially Nemo.  Is it sad that I think I get more excited over cartoons than the kids? 

Anyways, there was part of my day...the rest was spent relaxing and making vegetable/beefy stew/soup stuff.  It was yummy.    Now I'm sitting here watching Nick Jr. with Wyatt..hoping he falls to sleep soon.  I'm ready to curl up under my dinosaur quilt (don't laugh, but its the only quilt that I have that isnt too heavy or too light...and big enough to share with Wyatt as Patrick sleeps with his own comforter...lol) and head off to snoozeville.  I hope you all have a wonderful day/night/afternoon...whenever you're reading this.  *hug*

No comments: