Tuesday, September 20, 2011

September 20, 2011--September 11, 2011

I'm a lil behind on publishing blogs.

September 11th, 2011.

Heaven turned 12 years old.  TWELVE!!!!!!  Where did the time go?  It doesn't feel like its been twelve years ago since she was born, but time doesn't lie nor can it be cheated.  Her attitude speaks volumes too for her age.  She has that whole "I'm almost a teenager and know everything" attitude about her..lol.

We were living in Alaska at the time she was born.  I am pretty sure the snow hadn't started to fall yet, but did not too long after.  I remember it being freaking cold there as we hadn't lived there but only for a few months and had not acclimatized yet. 

Her birth, such a pain...literally..haha.  I would start having extremely painful contractions, they'd give me meds for pain and the contractions would stop.  I'd then be sent home, only to go back a few hours later when the contractions would start back up.  This went on for two days before they stopped giving me stuff for the pain and made me wait it out for a few hours before giving me something again.  I pretty sure they finally gave me my epidural when I grew three heads and started to sound like satan.     You'd be bitchy too if you had them shoving their hands up in you to put some sort of electrode monitor on your baby's head.  Have I mentioned that pain and I do not get along?

My epidural, the wonder drug, was only half miraculous.  I ended up only being completely numb on one side of my body, the other side, while not completely able to feel, was still able to feel. So when it came time to push...yeah, no, I wasn't the least bit happy.  Then of course, she had to be stubborn and get stuck on my pelvic bone.  They used a freaking vacuum to get her out..and OMG!!! it would "pop" off I guess and every time it did, the pain was excruciating.  I was pretty upset.   FINALLY (after 2hrs of pushing) she was out and things were hunky dory.

We lived in Alaska for the first 2 years of her life. We were living there when her 2nd birthday came around and the towers fell.  I was told I was a horrible person for celebrating her birthday that day when people were loosing their lives.  I was told for the following years that celebrating her birthday on that day made me a bitch.  Yeah, I told many people to F-off.  While 9-11 was a tragic event, the celebration of my childs life was something I was not going to postpone.

Heaven has seen so much already in her 12 years of life.  She's seen more of the US (granted she doesn't remember half of it..lol) than most people see in their entire life.  She's not done yet either as I have some pretty big moves for her coming up.  She's such a smart kid....her test scores are always through the roof.  It is because of this, I'll never deny her an opportunity to better herself.

Its hard to imagine that within a few more years she'll be out of my home and on her own.  *sigh* Time passes too quick.

No comments: